Skip to main content
 It is good to have friends! and to have their support for your work!

When writing my chapter, "The 5 As to Authenticty" for the anthology, "The Missing Piece: A Transformational Journey, I had no idea of who I might ask to write recommendations. When I received word that my colleagues of Unite Women.org had placed the book on their recommendation list, I was very happy. It was totally unexpected and veru much appreciated!


"The amazing souls within this book have come together to share their amazing stories with the world. They are all living proof that there is life after traumatic events and that you can find those missing pieces you need to move forward again in life."                                      --Jan, Unite Women Florida

this is the link to the recommendation:
https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/756909366

here is the link to the Unite Women Recommended Reading List :
http://www.unitewomen.org/shop-the-org/

click here to Buy The Missing Piece: A Transformational Journey

Recognition is not the outcome that motivates me to write, it is my hope that when I write about my experiences, it may be lessen the isolation one feels when going through a traumatic situation! When I realize I am NOT alone, somehow it makes it easier to understand and move forward.

Having friends who offer assistance, such as this recommendation, is a beautiful thing! it gives me motivation to keep moving forward, too!  We all need a little support, now and then, including #1 International Best Selling Authors!!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What are you missing?

What is missing in your life? Is it love? Is it adventure? Is it serenity? Maybe you want to write a book? Go on vacation? If you go through your days, placing one foot in front of the other, feeling bored, stuck, sad, numb, or any number of emotions, it is time. It is your time. First you will want to identify what is missing. How do you do that?  "Think it over, think it under!" says Winnie the Pooh. I always begin by making a list of the top 100 things I want to do. Remember when everyone was writing their "bucket list"? This list was written by a man who had received the news that he would die within a year from cancer. He wasn't ready for that ultimate ending yet. By accomplishing all the items on his Bucket List, he then achieved a sense of peace and acceptance about his life's demise. Even my grown kids were talking about doing things from their bucket list! It was a trend, for sure. We can always glean little bits of wisdo...

Women's work: Is it ever done?

So, how does work get identified as men's work? or women's work? is it important to have this distinction assigned? This is a question I ask myself. Often. Any task I complete in keeping my home and person clean is work. Any task I complete in my place of employment is work. I identify myself as a woman. It is "women's work" because I am doing it. However, anyone can do these same tasks. "Work" usually means how a person earns their income. In this 21st Century, we all realize that all people must have a means of income, generally earned via the term "work." Work means activity involving mental or physical effort in order to achieve a result. Labor means actions especially of a physical type.   Work and labor are synonyms - meanings are basically the same.  Interpretation of the meaning is directly impacted by the person using the terms, based on perspective and experience. The word "labor" is usually attached to the pro...

International Bestselling Author! The Missing Piece: A Transformational Journey on the amazon.com bestseller list!!

  I cannot believe it - in one day!! This is truly amazing to me... yesterday I was an international author, and today "International Bestselling Author" Remember when you were a child, you have a long list of career aspirations for  adulthood?? Being a writer was not even on my list! Let alone, achieving this level of recognition!! So, how did I get to this juncture in my life? Reading has been a lifelong love for me. As a young child in the 1960s, I suffered many earaches and sore throats, prior to the discovery of the efficacy of penicillin. This impacted my ability to hear. Since reading lips was difficult, I chose to 'bury my nose' (my family constantly teased me with this phrase) a book at all times - this was my excuse for not hearing what people were saying to me. The advent of penicillin saved my hearing. With much scarring left on my eardrums and still being plagued by earaches, even as an adult,  minor deafness is one of my health concerns. ...