Skip to main content

What are you missing?

What is missing in your life? Is it love? Is it adventure? Is it serenity? Maybe you want to write a book? Go on vacation?


If you go through your days, placing one foot in front of the other, feeling bored, stuck, sad, numb, or any number of emotions, it is time. It is your time.


First you will want to identify what is missing. How do you do that?  "Think it over, think it under!" says Winnie the Pooh.



I always begin by making a list of the top 100 things I want to do.

Remember when everyone was writing their "bucket list"? This list was written by a man who had received the news that he would die within a year from cancer. He wasn't ready for that ultimate ending yet. By accomplishing all the items on his Bucket List, he then achieved a sense of peace and acceptance about his life's demise. Even my grown kids were talking about doing things from their bucket list! It was a trend, for sure. We can always glean little bits of wisdom and encouragement from movies with a moral or life lesson to be shared.

My point is this, not to focus on dying, but begin to think of all the possibilities and opportunities that are open in the universe. I usually run out of ideas to place on my list but I stick with it - day dreaming helps! Sometimes I return to my childhood for inspiration. For instance, I wanted to be a cowgirl, or a Radio City Rockette in New York City.


What about baking my own bread at home, like my mom always did? It was the best bread and made the entire house smell heavenly while in the oven. I will always remember eating the buns, fresh and hot, melting the butter before it could hit my tongue. What a yummy memory to recreate and take me out of the doldrums!


From this reverie, I begin to think of something new I can do. A challenge - to break up the sameness of daily living - even if you love your life, monotony creeps in. Hmmmm, maybe it will be salsa dancing for me? I have to find my red dress!


Whatever you are looking for...you are capable of making it happen. Seek and ye shall find! Did you know that? YOU have the power within yourself. Because you are empowered. Open your tool box filled with Self Empowerment Strategies. Pull out your dreams, your desires and dust them off, because you are going to take them for a ride!   


#DebraSeS  
#SelfEmpowermentStrategies
debrakadams.net

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Women's work: Is it ever done?

So, how does work get identified as men's work? or women's work? is it important to have this distinction assigned? This is a question I ask myself. Often. Any task I complete in keeping my home and person clean is work. Any task I complete in my place of employment is work. I identify myself as a woman. It is "women's work" because I am doing it. However, anyone can do these same tasks. "Work" usually means how a person earns their income. In this 21st Century, we all realize that all people must have a means of income, generally earned via the term "work." Work means activity involving mental or physical effort in order to achieve a result. Labor means actions especially of a physical type.   Work and labor are synonyms - meanings are basically the same.  Interpretation of the meaning is directly impacted by the person using the terms, based on perspective and experience. The word "labor" is usually attached to the pro...

International Bestselling Author! The Missing Piece: A Transformational Journey on the amazon.com bestseller list!!

  I cannot believe it - in one day!! This is truly amazing to me... yesterday I was an international author, and today "International Bestselling Author" Remember when you were a child, you have a long list of career aspirations for  adulthood?? Being a writer was not even on my list! Let alone, achieving this level of recognition!! So, how did I get to this juncture in my life? Reading has been a lifelong love for me. As a young child in the 1960s, I suffered many earaches and sore throats, prior to the discovery of the efficacy of penicillin. This impacted my ability to hear. Since reading lips was difficult, I chose to 'bury my nose' (my family constantly teased me with this phrase) a book at all times - this was my excuse for not hearing what people were saying to me. The advent of penicillin saved my hearing. With much scarring left on my eardrums and still being plagued by earaches, even as an adult,  minor deafness is one of my health concerns. ...