Skip to main content

Debra SeS: Love Yourself First!!!

 

Let's talk rose petals, right?  Hmmmm, I think the saying really goes like this, "Let's talk turkey!"  Since I don't know where that cliché comes from, I co-opted it, for my own use. Besides that, rose petals are much prettier, much softer, and much more fragrant. 

Roses are such a beautiful flower. There are national parks & gardens and week(s) long celebrations dedicated to the rose. I live near Portland, OR, where we have a Grand Floral (Rose) Festival every June. Don't forget the Pasadena, CA, Tournament of Roses Parade and football game on every First of January, either.

I want to propose a Self empowerment Strategy for you to consider implementing.

Think about how you take care of your roses (or other favorite blossom/plants). You keep them watered, and fertilized, if necessary. You place them in a beautiful container that enhances their presence. You showcase them in a special room, on a special surface, in special light. You admire them, everytime you see them. You want them to last forever because of the joy they bring to you.

What would your world be like if you showed as much care and concern for yourself? Can you love yourself in the same way you love your flowers? Because, it really is important you DO love yourself. Also, it is important that you love yourself First!

Loving yourself first - that is what I call a "Self Empowerment Strategy." When you choose to love yourself, you are taking the MOST important and empowering step you could ever take. Only you can do that. Only you can love yourself first! When you make YOU the first priority, you will become a better friend, a better family member, a better co-worker, a better Human Being. 

Isn't that what we all want? Let's all choose to love ourselves first, right now!

don't forget to take time to listen to my Debra SeS Radio Show
click the image below to hear the most recent show!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Launch Day!

  Click here to purchase Available for the first time.... "The Missing Piece in Business" I am proud to part of this wonderful international anthology! compiled by Kate Gardner and published by CM Publisher, we are pleased to offer this work of success strategies, tried & true, in each chapter by the experienced and entrepreneur Author who contributed to the book. My chapter is named "Synchronicity in Business: Make the World Go ‘Round." In my experience, synchronicity is a very important tool that has assisted me in reaching many goals and objectives.   I hope you will enjoy reading it! BUY the book here: http://www.amazon.com/Missing-Piece-Business-Kate-Gardner/dp/0992817307/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1394701486&sr=8-5&keywords=The+Missing+Piece+in+Business Always Yours, Debra K. Adams, M.A. #1 International Best Selling Author of "The Missing Piece: A Transformational Journey"  website website

Debra SeS: Deal with it!!

This is me, so deal with it! no longer will I pretend to like the clothes you like, especially when I think they are ugly... no longer will I lie to protect you, you deserve to know the truth... no longer will I be "NICE" so your feelings don't get hurt, they are your feelings and you are in charge of them... no longer will I allow you to speak for me, I have my own voice... no longer will I watch sporting events non-stop every weekend, when I prefer to read a book... no longer will I wear my hair long,because I love my short hair! no longer will I live in fear of your opinion, my opinion matters more to me... Look out now, I have put on my BIG GIRL Panties, so you will have to deal with it!! Always Yours, Debra K. Adams, MA see my profile here: http://about.me/debrakadamsma read my eNewsletter: Self Empowerment Strategies

Debra SeS & 2014 Rock the Red Pump® (#RocktheRedPump) Campaign!

r Save the DATE: March 10, 2014 ( and every March 10 hereafter!) Do we need a reason to wear red pumps? Maybe and maybe not.... NOW, we have your attention, let's talk  about HIV/AIDS and its impact on women and girls. On March 10, the United States will recognize National Women and Girls HIV/AIDS Awareness Day (NWGHAAD) . Launched by the Office of Women’s Health , NWGHAAD is a nationwide observance that encourages people to take action in the fight against HIV/AIDS and raise awareness of its impact on women and girls. Why is it important to learn as much as we can about HIV/AIDS? HIV/AIDS in the United States There are currently 1.1 million adults and adolescents in the United States living with HIV. Approximately 1 in 6 people (15.8%) who are infected with HIV do not know that they have been infected Top ten states with the highest rates HIV/AIDS diagnosis are California, New York, Florida, Texas, Illinois, New Jersey, Maryland, Pennsylvania, North Caroli